Thursday, April 2, 2015

Fitness Trackers

My Favorite Wearable Device

So, my assessment of Fitness Trackers was consistent with the opinion of the experts. After a thorough evaluation, for a presentation at the YMCA, my top pick was the Misfit Shine.  This device can be worn like a watch or pendant and is battery-powered so does not need to be charged every 3-4 days.  I lost so much data with trackers that need to be regularly charged, and the devices without a secure clasp would fall off in the middle of the night, anyway. Best part for me?  The Misfit is water proof so the three-axis accelerometer can track my pool workouts along with just about any other activity you can think of (not true for other devices). Other perks-It functions like a real watch, and the LED lights on the face reflect your daily activity goals.  It helps that the wrist band comes in a variety of attractive colors but I am disappointed that it does not track heart rate. For the truly committed you'll be happy to know that it is compatible with just about every Smart phone and computer and syncs with fitness apps such as Myfitnesspal.

No comments:

Post a Comment